Sage Payroll Training Courses
These courses have been designed to give a learner knowledge of the Sage Payroll software. The courses are available at levels 1 to 3, and are suitable for anyone new to Accounting/Payroll at level 1 and those that who already understand the processes at levels 2 and 3. Once completed, a learner gains a Sage certificate at the level studied. These courses provide progression to the accredited qualifications in conjunction with Awarding Bodies.
Sage Computerised Payroll at Level 1
Designed for people who are new to payroll, the course covers all of the basic functions, from setting up the company details, to processing payrolls and producing reports.
The course usually requires four hours of study per week for a period of six to eight weeks and consists of 19 mini chapters. Progression to the Computerised Payroll course at level 2 or accredited RQF qualification at level 1 if required.
- Set up the company details and enter employee records
- Calculate gross pay
- Address and correct errors
- Produce payslips and end-of-period payroll reports for HMRC
Sage Computerised Payroll at Level 2
Ideal for those who have completed the Computerised Payroll Level 1 course/qualification or who have some understanding of payroll functions and want to learn how to complete more advanced tasks, such as calculating statutory sick pay, statutory maternity pay & pension schemes, and more.
The course usually requires six hours of study per week for a period of six to eight weeks and consists of 30 mini chapters. Progression to the Computerised Payroll course at level 3 or accredited RQF qualification at level 2 if required.
- Set up company accounts, generate employee records and complete basic daily payroll functions
- Calculate gross pay and process real-time information payments, as well as statutory sick, maternity and holiday pay
- Process automatic pension enrolment
- Process holidays and advanced pay
- Create reports for employees, employers and HMRC
Sage Computerised Payroll at Level 3
This level three course is for suitable for those who are already employed in payroll or have similar job roles or run their own business. It is aimed at people who wish to enhance their existing knowledge and skills to perform advanced routine and non-routine tasks using a computerised payroll package.
The course usually requires eight of study per week for a period of six to eight weeks and consists of 19 chapters. Progression to the Computerised Payroll accredited RQF qualification at level 3 if required.
- Enter voluntary and statutory additions and deductions
- Process the payroll for different periods including the correction of errors
- Produce reports to enable reconciliation of payments and deductions to external agencies including HMRC and pension providers
- Operate national insurance for directors
- Maintain payroll data and system security
- Process period and year end information and produce all required reports