The real power of software investments lies in how effectively your team can use them. Learn how IT training courses can transform your team's interaction with new technologies, like the Microsoft 365 suite, into a springboard for efficiency and innovation.
7 Signs You've Outgrown Your ERP System
Have you outgrown your current ERP system?
There are several signs a CFO looks for to indicate a business has outgrown its basic ERP system and may need to consider upgrading. Here are some common indicators:
- Performance Issues: If your current ERP system experiences performance issues such as slow response times, frequent crashes, or system lags, it may indicate that the system is struggling to handle the growing volume of data and transactions. This can hinder productivity and create inefficiencies in your business processes.
- Limited Scalability: Basic ERP systems often have limitations in terms of scalability, including restrictions on the number of users, transactions, or data storage capacity. If your business has grown, expanded to multiple locations, or increased its customer base, and your ERP system cannot accommodate these changes, it's a clear sign that an upgrade is needed.
- Lack of Functionality: As businesses evolve, their operational requirements become more complex. If you find that your basic ERP system lacks critical functionalities or cannot support your specific industry needs, for example manufacturing or distribution, it may be time to upgrade. For example, you may require advanced reporting and analytics, multi-currency support, intercompany transactions, or integration with other business systems.
- Manual Workarounds and Inefficiencies: If you find yourself relying heavily on manual workarounds, spreadsheets, or third-party applications to compensate for the limitations of your basic ERP system, it's a sign that your current solution is no longer meeting your needs. These workarounds can be error-prone, time-consuming, and hinder overall productivity.
- Difficulty in Meeting Compliance Requirements: Compliance regulations and reporting requirements can become more stringent as your business grows. If your current ERP system cannot adequately handle compliance-related tasks or generate the necessary reports accurately and efficiently, it may put your business at risk of non-compliance. Upgrading to a more robust ERP system can help streamline compliance processes.
- Inadequate Integration and Connectivity: If your basic ERP system lacks integration capabilities with other essential business systems such as CRM, e-commerce platforms, or supply chain management software, it can result in data silos, duplicate data entry, and reduced visibility across departments. A more advanced ERP solution can provide seamless integration and connectivity, ensuring data consistency and enabling better decision-making.
- Limited User Access and Mobility: Basic ERP systems may have limitations on user access or lack mobile and remote accessibility. If your employees require real-time access to critical business data while on the go or outside of traditional office hours, upgrading to an ERP system with web-based or mobile capabilities can significantly enhance productivity and collaboration.
These signs indicate that your business has outgrown its basic ERP system, and upgrading to a more robust and feature-rich solution can help you overcome these limitations, streamline operations, improve efficiency, and support your future growth.
To find out how to upgrade your ERP to Sage 200 or Microsoft Business Central, call Paradise Computing, on 01604 655900 or request more information on our online contact form.
Learn how data visualisation can lead to increased profitability, and why real-time data can result in making informed business decisions.
Discover why effective cyber risk management is vital if you want to protect your business from cybercrime.