The real power of software investments lies in how effectively your team can use them. Learn how IT training courses can transform your team's interaction with new technologies, like the Microsoft 365 suite, into a springboard for efficiency and innovation.
A dozen Microsoft products you may not know about
In this insight, we look at a few Microsoft products / apps that you may not know much about, but which could be helpful to your businesses.
- Stream. This secure video sharing service allows businesses to upload and share videos e.g. meetings and training sessions. With Stream, users can comment on videos, and tag descriptions or timecodes to any point in a video that they want to discuss.
- Delve. This is an app that is used to help manage your Microsoft 365 profile and to discover and organise the information that may be particularly interesting to you right now across Microsoft 365. Delve shows you a mix of content, both your own documents, and documents your colleagues are working on from across Microsoft 365, i.e. documents stored in OneDrive for work or school or SharePoint in Microsoft 365, or that have been shared with you as attachments in emails. Use it by selecting ‘Delve’ in the app launcher in Microsoft 365, or open delve.office.com.
- Power Apps. This is a suite of apps, services, and connectors, as well as a data platform. This no-code app-building tool provides a rapid development environment for business and enterprise users to build custom apps.
- Whiteboard. This cloud-based, real-time, collaborative digital canvas app in Microsoft 365 integrates with Microsoft Teams and helps with brainstorming or explaining ideas and information. Users can use their keyboards or touch-screen pens to create drawings, and, for example, sticky notes or images can also be added.
- Bookings. This Business and Enterprise app integrates with Microsoft 365 or Office 365 calendar and provides a fast and easy way to organise schedules and manage appointments.
- Sway. This app provides a fast and easy way to create great designs and arrange content in an engaging way, e.g. for presentations, newsletters, story, and blog post writing, and more.
- To Do. This to-do list app (formerly Wunderlist) allows you to make collaborative, assignable, and interactive lists which sync across devices, and can be integrated with Teams and other apps.
- Power Automate. This app (previously Microsoft Flow) is an automation tool that integrates with other 365 apps and helps you to build automated processes with flows and streamline repetitive tasks and paperless processes. Power Automate uses low-code, drag-and-drop tools and hundreds of pre-built connectors that automate repetitive, mundane tasks.
- SharePoint. Although the name be familiar, you may not have tried this browser-based way to create sites and share documents and information with colleagues, partners, and customers.
- Viva (Engage). Launched this year, Viva is an “employee experience platform” – a workplace communication social media platform which includes news feeds, profiles, lets you post images and videos, and allows storylines and stories to connect colleagues and enable them to air their thoughts, and share their knowledge, and experience.
- Forms. This app allows you to build forms, polls, and quizzes, and to send them to anyone inside or outside your organisation.
What Does This Mean For Your Business?
Microsoft has many different apps and products which integrate with its other more popular and widely used products. Often, we stick to a selection of apps that enable day-to-day work or the approved apps of the business. Also, many of us may not have the time to search through all the possible Microsoft apps and products available so it’s often good to see a summary of apps and what they do. It may be the case that one or more of these apps could solve a specific problem for you, maybe something you’d like to look more into, and if adopted could help improve productivity.
For more information, contact Paradise Computing, your local Microsoft Solutions Partner on 01604 655900 or send a message via our online contact form.
Learn how data visualisation can lead to increased profitability, and why real-time data can result in making informed business decisions.
Discover why effective cyber risk management is vital if you want to protect your business from cybercrime.